[unyoc-planning] Interested in getting more involved in UNYOC? Volunteer Opportunities Available!

Porcello, Lorraine Lorraine_Porcello at URMC.Rochester.edu
Wed Sep 30 08:59:38 EDT 2020

Hello Fellow Members of UNYOC!

It's me again! Now that you have the details for participating in the UNYOC Annual Meeting, I invite you to get involved in service to the chapter.

Volunteering for the Executive Board or the Conference Planning Committee is a great way to gain experience, and interact with your colleagues across New York State, USA and Ontario, Canada.
You can also use it for points toward AHIP certification!

This year our annual membership business meeting will be via Zoom on Thursday October 29th from 1:45 - 2:45 PM.
Please plan to join us and get an update of our Chapter, and to vote on the new slate of officers.

Below is a list of open positions on the Executive Board. Each open position has a term of service listed which begins once the voting is complete.

If you would like any details about any of these positions, please feel free to contact me or any of us currently involved.
Our current Board is listed on the UNYOC website: http://unyoc.mlanet.org/about/chapter-officers/

Open positions - Elected and Appointed
Elected:

*         Vice Chair / Chair elect

*         Member-At-Large, Ontario

Appointed:

*         Communications Co-Chair

*         Parliamentarian

*         Conference Planning Co-Chairs - 2 positions

There are also several opportunities to serve on committees.  We have the following need for member participation:

*         Conference Planning Committee

*         Archivist and Records Keeping Ad Hoc Committee of the Board

I started my service within UNYOC as the Communications Co-Chair with absolutely no experience - or indeed what was required.
I received excellent mentoring from the veteran officers and have learned so much in the last 10 years.  I share this so that you know that YOU CAN DO IT!

Put aside any self-doubt and join us; you'll be great.
I'm looking forward to working with you!

Best Regards,
Lorraine
Lorraine Porcello, MLIS, MSIM
Branch Librarian

Basil G. Bibby Library, Eastman Institute for Oral Health
Mail: Room 008, 625 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620
Phone: 585.275.3247
Hours: M&T - 8:30am - 5:00pm; W&Th - 1:00pm - 5:00pm

John R. Williams Health Sciences Library, Highland Hospital
Mail: Box 49, 1000 South Avenue Rochester, NY 14620
Phone: 585.341.0378
Hours: W&Th - 8:00am - 12:00 pm; F - 8:00am - 4:30pm