[epicproviders] Effective 11/5/2023: Daylight Savings Time - Fall Back

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Wed Nov 1 11:30:00 EDT 2023

Inpatient & Emergency Department Providers

Daylight Savings Time (DST) will occur on Sunday, November 5th, 2023 at 0200.  We will follow downtime protocols for one hour, beginning at the second or "new" 0100.  Once the system goes back online, there will be documentation for the nurses to enter manually:  medication administration, I/O's, and vitals. There will essentially be two 0100 hours that need to fit in a single hour in Epic; we need to divide that one hour in half so documentation remains chronologically correct. Therefore, 0100-0129 will represent the first hour, and 0130-0159 will represent the second hour. All documentation entered into the system during those two hours will have to have the times adjusted to reflect this.

To learn more about Daylight Savings Time- Fall Back, click here<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/daylight_savings_time_fall_back_2022.pdf>.

Thank you,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA0CB6.5E729640]