[pert] Updates

Christopher T. Tanski TanskiC at upstate.edu
Mon Apr 26 15:03:11 EDT 2021

Hi-

The PERT committee met last week and approved finalized versions of the policy and procedure, which I have attached. These have now been submitted to the following groups/councils/committees for approval: medicine shared governance, surgery shared governance, procedural shared governance, ICU governance, critical care shared governance, resuscitation and legal.

In addition, our membership in the PERT Consortium is proceeding. I will need to submit a project request to our IRB for approval to send anonymous data to the registry. They may or may not require some sort of consent document.

Lastly, the hospital is moving toward high sensitivity (fifth generation) troponin T as opposed to "conventional" troponin. We will need to see how/if that makes a difference in how we use troponin in the assessment of PE burden.

Thanks.

Chris