[pert] Draft policy, finally

Christopher T. Tanski TanskiC at upstate.edu
Mon Mar 15 14:24:42 EDT 2021

The policy doesn't specifically mention making the diagnosis with a CTA although that is the assumption. We can add this requirement if folks feel it's necessary. Technically, you can also make the diagnosis with RV dysfunction on TTE with hemodynamic instability, which the policy mentions.

I can put something in about VQ scanning being excluded.

In terms of the transfer center, it's not clear to me how this should be involved. I don't know the best way to handle PE transfers. I have some thoughts that we should get them here first and then utilize the process internally but others may feel differently.