[epicproviders] Epigram: sharing information with outside providers

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Tue Jul 20 13:31:47 EDT 2021

Epigram

Sending Information to Outside Providers
At the end of every inpatient stay and ED visit, we automatically send information to any outside caretaker (PCP and others) listed on the Care Team. Please do not manually send documents such as your notes. Doing so creates high volume, redundant documentation that frustrate the outside providers.  Policy M-01 addresses this: patient information sent should be sent only by trained office staff in our clinics using the proper release process. This ensures that the correct steps are taken and that the process is documented appropriately.

The following is a list of all documents automatically sent:

  *   Active problems
  *   Additional Health Concerns
  *   Administered Meds
  *   Advanced Directives