[epicproviders] Epigram: Epic Upgrade today- Hyperdrive

Epic - All Provider Staff epicproviders at lists.upstate.edu
Tue Nov 28 07:14:47 EST 2023

Upgrade today!
The Epic Hyperdrive update is now live.

This upgrade is a redesign of Epic to allow you to see data more efficiently (fewer clicks and screen changes!).  The underlying change also allows for new tools we are working to bring you over the next months and years. While the look of Epic will have some changes, it is largely the same- just refreshed. We have been testing this upgrade with a large pilot group for the last month and at the Community Campus for the last 2 weeks and have confirmed most users can jump right in without issue.

Epic is now launched from this icon that is available in Citrix and on desktops:
[cid:e82c438c-a871-428e-99e0-1479d22d8813]

If you would like help, I have some resources here, including an option for a live conference call you can initiate from within Epic.

How do I get support, report on findings, or get answers to questions?

In efforts to provide real-time assistance, trainers will offer virtual support to diagnose and resolve issues, Tuesday, November 28, 2023, through Thursday, November 30, 2023, from 7am-6pm. Virtual Support is accessed directly from Hyperdrive under the Epic button by selecting Hyperdrive Support. Read how to connect to a trainer from the desktop in the Virtual Support for Hyperdrive Tip Sheet<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/virtual_support_for_hyperdrive_super_users.pdf>.

What if I have issues connecting to the virtual support line?

Read more about connecting to Zoom and <https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/troubleshooting_instructional_information_system_update_bulletin.pdf> Common Troubleshooting Issues<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/troubleshooting_instructional_information_system_update_bulletin.pdf>, or call our Zoom meeting line directly at 1-646-876 9923. Meeting ID: 846 139 2520. Participant ID – press #.

Clinical Resources

Provider

  *   Ambulatory<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/amb_emr_hyperdrive_rollout_training_slides_approved_final_kj_10_4.pdf>

  *   Inpatient<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/inpatient_provider_2023_hyperdrive_upgrade_training_slides.pdf>

  *   ASAP (Emergency)<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/hyperdrive_slides_for_asap.pdf>

  *   Anesthesia<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/hyperdrive_upgrade_slide_deck_for_anesthesia.pdf>

Nurse

  *   Inpatient<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/inpatient_nurse_2023_hyperdrive_upgrade_training_slides.pdf>

  *   Optime<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/hyperdrive_upgrade_slide_deck_for_optime.pdf>

  *   ASAP (Emergency)<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/documents/hyperdrive_slides_for_asap.pdf>

What is Hyperdrive?<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/upstate.video.yuja.com/V/Video?v=7746068&node=32910472&a=96726682&autoplay=1__;!!GobTDDpD7A!KS6b8nnyJcqz7ThI9lgnqFrDBpAmrRxhB2D8LMz10FBKlQB5mb0aR4Y00kKAFSb654wGTW-voTE9du9xGmN9QHQeWQ$> [video]

Hyperdrive resources webpage<https://www.upstate.edu/training/intra/epic/hyperdrive.php>

>From the Desk of

Neal Seidberg, MD

seidbern at upstate.edu